Friday, April 3, 2009

8 days to Go!

I resigned onthe 31st March.End of Financial year. This makes it 5 years and 8 months working time for me . Kinda weird being unemployed after so long. Office gave me a farewell lunch and a bid card with a smiley on it. All the messages in the card circled around study hard! I am definitely gonna put it right in front of my eyes at ISB.The after office beer party was awsome too. Go so drunk after it. Thanks all for giving me such an awesome send off. I am sure gonna miss our office

The first day unemployed I lazed around trying to figure what to do . First 2 hours I spent talking to my bai , something i hadn't done in 2 years.Next 1/2 watching the dog in the neighbors house. And i suddenly realized my loan formalities were still not done. So off I went to the bank. In the middle I realized that it was april 1st and banks are not open. So well I was fooled on April 1st

The second day unemployed. This time I went to the bank and the loan got sanctioned!!!!! yyeyeyeyey . 17.06 lakhs to be precise. Now i am definitely going to ISB. Hats off to the andheri-chakala branch of Andhra bank. They were very professional and did my loan processing with 0 hassles. There were no loan processing charges even. I was simply amazed at this efficiency in a public sector bank. But well hats off!

Third day unemployed . I realised that there are only 8 days to go to ISB. So my packing list is getting ready. As I am really lazy about packing I turned to reading some alums blog to get a taste of what lies ahead.

Apart from the unemployed status let me update you on the amazing things that happened in past few weeks.
I went for the ISB Mumbai meets. Each person in the mumbai meet is a persona in himself or herself. It was great to meet all of them and found an instant connection. The fun has already begun and I can already see what an amazing year it will be.


Alumni of mumbai threw a party for us. Thanks alums , really nice of them to do so . It was really fun and insightful.Alums were more than willing to answer the innumerable questions thrown at them .

Sushant from my office and Gaurav (both ISB alums) have been really helpful in solving my queries. Some words by which people are describing the ISB culture vocab roller coaster ride , studies, booze, dunking, fun,network,life long friends.

All this in a year!!!!!
To add to all this the yahoo groups for the current batch has already reached 12500 mails. This is proof enough on what an exciting year it will be

No comments:

Post a Comment