Friday, March 6, 2009

Stuff Before

vThere are a number of things to do once the admission are done. One can do this even before the admission letter is received.

1. Loan shopping - ISB has a tie up with banks so you can pick up loan without any collateral. This is so important because with an average experience of 5 years, most people dont have any collateral. And it really doesnt look nice putting your fathers property as an insurance to your loan. At 26 you want to support your parents, rather than take support. Thanks ISB for making such a provision . I looked at a number of banks - Andhra, SBI, Union Bank, HDFC, Canara etc. etc. The list goes on . Well when its about money best to look at the most profitable solution .

Also remember education loan interest is exempt from tax. So effectively the loan rate becomes 30% lesser.

Tension relieved:)

2. Pre Term - Before the term starts ISB gives an option to pick up concepts that will help in the course. As a 1 year MBA goes at lightning speed, its better one brshes up the concepts before hand as one step back with be 10 steps behind later on. I am looking forward for the three courses as they will definitely help me in this course. These are

a. Business Statistics

b. Introductry Accounting

c. Quantitative methods

These courses are taught byindustry renowned professors. Hence even though I know these, I would want to learn them again from these professors. This is an extra 15000 INR.

3. Exchange programs - Looking at the possible electives in other business schools. ISB offers a large network of business schools - including wharton , kellog. It would be good to know before hand which electives do these schools offer. I was looking to find INSEAD in the lsist as the enterprenuership electives are the best there. Unfortunately, INSEAD is not a part of the network. Maybe I would initiate the network process.

4. Electives - Now now I know I have some time to decide this as electives come only by Term 8 and go on till Term 8 . But it is better to figure it out early as I would know what I have to bid for.

Apart from all this , I am currently trying to spend as much time as possible with my family . Sad to leave them for a year:( .

That is the only tough part. Apart from this currently doing my last days in office. I feel bad leaving my office in these times.

I speant three years here and have learnt a lot through the management consulting experience. Cant stop to thank my managers who gave me the opportunity to learn so much in such a short time.

No comments:

Post a Comment